Welcome to HearHearNOLA, New Orleans’ live classical music calendar. Powered by the Birdfoot Festival in partnership with 89.9 FM and Classical 104.9 FM, Hear Hear is a place to share and discover upcoming classical, contemporary, and art music performances in the Greater New Orleans area.
Learn more about requesting a posting account here.
- This event has passed.
Birdfoot Festival: Community Chamber Music Reading Party
May 20 at 8:00 pm – 11:00 pmFree-donation gratefully accepted
Local amateur musicians are invited to the Birdfoot Festival’s sixth Community Chamber Music Reading Party. This event provides amateur pianists, string players, wind, and brass players (dependent on repertoire availability and the players who sign-up) the opportunity to spend a fun and relaxed evening playing through wonderful chamber music repertoire with other chamber music enthusiasts.
While this event is primarily designed for adult amateur musicians, exceptionally mature musicians under the age of 18 may be considered (contact the Birdfoot Festival for more information). Professional musicians are also welcome to participate, whether to play chamber music with their students and friends or to support the development of a thriving amateur musical community in New Orleans.
Please note that advance registration is required! If you plan on attending, please complete the online registration form no later than Friday, May 17th (registration is limited).
• Musicians, based on pre-event registration information, will be placed into groups according to ability, instrumentation, and interest.
• There will be some set pieces of repertoire for those more comfortable preparing music in advance. There will also be a selection of repertoire for sight-reading, but it will not be comprehensive. You are welcome to bring parts for anything you are particularly interested in playing!
• Pianists are asked to bring repertoire from their own personal library that they are prepared to play with others. (Make sure your name is on your music.)
• Although there is no fee to participate, your donations make these reading parties and other Birdfoot Festival community events possible!
Please use the following criteria when choosing your experience level:
• INTERMEDIATE: Have played chamber music (including chamber orchestra) for less than 5 years; have some experience playing with others in an ensemble.
• ADVANCED: Have played chamber music or in ensembles for more than 5 years; have quite a lot of experience playing with others and feel comfortable reading music. Play at an advanced level.
• OTHER: (e.g. Professional, etc.)
Please sign-up using this online REGISTRATION FORM
If you have questions or need more information, contact the Birdfoot Festival at:
504-451-6578 or firstname.lastname@example.org